Monday, March 21, 2011

Shrimp On The Barbie

Sunday was the first day of spring and we have been having such beautiful weather that I decided it was time to BBQ. We were going to have shrimp and veggies cooked on the barbie.  I had all of the food ready to grill but by the time my husband got home from a day of golf, it was starting to rain.
So, our BBQ stayed covered and neglected out in the wet, cold weather.
 The prosciutto wrapped shrimp was cooked in my grill pan and the vegtables were roasted in the oven.
GRILLED SHRIMP
     2 T olive oil
     1 T finely minced garlic
     2 t crushed dryed rosemary
     1/2 t ground black pepper
     1/4 t cayenne pepper
     1/4 t salt
Marinate shrimp for 1 hour in this mixture.  Wrap the shrimp in prosciutto and thread onto water soaked bamboo skewers.  Cook about 4 minutes on each side.  Before serving, squeeze fresh lime on shrimp.

I know that spring showers bring May flowers, but living in San Diego we are not used to this - we were bombarded with hail this morning at 5:00!  Our green lawn is covered with white sparkle, it's as close to snow as we can get.  HAPPY SPRING!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, Thanks for the comment on my blog - I lived in Oceanside for 13 years. After such a lovely weekend we had snow ring in our first full day of Spring today! The spring bulbs are a breath of fresh air after every winter but I do miss many things from the CA garden I left behind. I look forward to seeing what you might be up to in your garden this coming season.

    ReplyDelete