Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Art Class - Week 8

Monday morning was the last class for Mixed Media with Paper and Cloth taught by Jane LaFazio.  The 8 weeks we spent together creating, laughing and bonding went by way too fast. 

I renewed friendships and met some new very creative ladies.  It was hard to say good by.
Jane shared with us her beautiful quilt "Industrial Aged".  She has entered it in an invitational juried exhibition.  I wish her the best of luck in being chosen, she is so talented.
Today, our lesson was paper on cloth.  Everyone brought paper napkins to share.  We tore them in strips and adhered them to cotton using matte medium. I will share it when finished.

3 comments:

  1. I am living vicariously through your posts! I would have loved being part of the class you described--what a wonderful gift to share with like minds! I have sewn cloth to paper, but never considered adhering paper to cloth...guess what I'm gonna try today!!

    ReplyDelete