Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Art Class - Week 7

It was pouring rain but most of the students were able to attend class this morning.  We brought in our recycled circles to share and photograph.  Aren't they great!

This week, our project was using resin.  Wearing gloves and aprons, we spread a resin product on both sides of different papers and cloth.  The items need to dry for 24 hours, so mine are currently laying on the floor in our garage.

I haven't decided what to make yet, but I really like the two photographs and the pages from an old, old German book.  These items once belonged to my late brother-in-law whose family emigrated from Germany to Texas.

Aren't these sweet?  I made copies of the originals to resin and hope to create something with an antique feeling. 

UPDATE -

I just collected my goodies from the garage.  WOW!  The resin has made the paper transparent.  It is so cool, I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment