Friday, February 18, 2011

Thursday Journey #4

Two years ago my husband built a ukulele and for the past several months, he has been working on making a guitar.  This week for our Thursday Journey, because of his interest in music, he choose the Museum of Making Music in Carlsbad.  It shares space with the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM).
The museum is filled with vintage and modern instruments.  You could listen to samples of music from the different eras and see how the instruments were created.
The museum holds over 450 instruments and everything is beautifully displayed.
My favorite section was the salute to modern music, the music of my youth,
THE BEATLES!! YEAH, YEAH, YEAH

At the end of the tour, visitors have the chance to play instruments.  Using headphones so luckily only you can hear the sound, I played a bass guitar while my husband went wild on the drum set.  It was fun, educational and a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment