Monday, January 31, 2011

Garden Rows

"A GARDEN IS A FRIEND YOU CAN VISIT ANYTIME" author unknown

As I started working on my art class project, the grids reminded me of the Pacific Beach Community Gardens where I once had a small plot filled with flowers.

After adding more designs with the sticky back foam, I quilted the larger squares by machine then hand  stitched flowers, vines, leafs and french knots onto my garden rows.

Making stamps from the foam board is a quick and easy way to print your own designs on cloth or paper. I know I will use this method in future projects.

1 comment:

  1. ...Goodness, I'm learning so much...I can't wait to pull some of the scrap foamboard from the upper shelf so I can practice making stamps...I'll post my progress. Thanks, Ellen!! =)

    ReplyDelete