Thursday, January 20, 2011

Circular Quilts

Using a pattern in Quilting Arts Magazine by Laura Wasilowski, I made 2 small 12" circular quilts.  The details are fused on then machine and hand quilted.


This is my rendition of my friend Sammie's house in Holualoa, Hawaii.  She lives on 6 acres of lush, tropical land where she grows organic coffee beans.  Sammie is a award winning outrigger canoe paddler, so on the back I placed the Hawaiian petroglyphic of a paddler. Laura even featured Sammie's quilt on her blog last November 19th (artfabrik.blogspot.com).


My second quilt is a little village in the round of houses, gardens and blue skies forever.  On the back, I fused a mosaic of some of my favorite colors. 

These quilts are really fun to make, you feel like a architect choosing housing designs and colors in your own private little town.

No comments:

Post a Comment