Monday, January 6, 2014

RUB

This Christmas, I gave out little tins of homemade rub.  They were a big hit and really easy to make.
1 1/3 c course sea salt or kosher salt
2/3 c dried parsley
1/4 c dried thyme
1/4 c dried rosemary
1/4 c coarse ground black pepper
2 T garlic powder
2 T dried minced onions, finely crushed

Mix all ingredients and spoon into eight 4-ounce tins.

To use:  lightly brush pork, beef, chicken or fish with olive oil.  Stir mixture and rub evenly on meat.  Let stand for 15 minutes then grill, fry or roast.  I put the instructions on the bottom of the tins.

ENJOY!


4 comments:

  1. At first I thought you meant body rub, and when I started reading the ingredients I couldn't imagine wanting to rub yourself with garlic powder and onions! Cute containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I thought the same thing as Sherrie when I first started reading.
    Thanks for the recipe, will be trying it on some chicken or fish soon.
    Love the tags you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I'm going to do this, for xmas this year!

    ReplyDelete