Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and I wish you a very Happy New Year.

I haven't posted for a while but with the start of 2014, I am looking forward to sharing new projects.

After seeing these cute little collaged cottages in the May/June 2013 issue of "Cloth Paper Scissors", I knew I wanted to make some as Christmas gifts.
Following their instructions, my husband cut house shapes out of 2 by 4 boards and I sanded them down.  I used gesso to adhere torn pages over the entire surface.  The article suggested painting them with acrylics but I was really unhappy with the results (the house on the right).  So, I switched to bright fabrics and used matte medium as a glue.
I personalized each cottage with the recipients house number over the door, added buttons, ribbons and paint to highlight designs.

This was a super fun project!

4 comments:

  1. What fun these houses are! I'll bet your recipients loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colorful houses! I saw that article and wanted to make some but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out adorable!! I love that you personalized them with the recipients address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they really liked them! happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete