Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Walk in the Park

Wednesday was beautiful out so we headed to Balboa Park in San Diego for a day of adventure.  Our first stop was the Natural History Museum to see an exhibit on chocolate.  We learned about the origins and process of making this delicious treat.
I just had to purchase this very expensive delight from Madagascar - when opening it, I felt I had won a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory!!
Tucked away down a wooden path, we discovered this amazing tree.  It's a Ficus Macrophylla Columnaris.  The roots form tall column-like structures.  My husband is 6'5" and looks like an Oompa Loompa next to this tree!

We also visited the San Diego Hall of Champions and had lunch under the umbrellas at The Prado.

Another great day as homegrown tourists!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great outing! We are lucky to live in such a beautiful city!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Park and keep discovering new corners! I'm in love with that tree too...

    ReplyDelete