Monday, July 25, 2011

Solid Swap

Bumble Beans . . . 15 Minutes Play hosted a mini quilt swap.  The rules were that the quilt measure 15" square, you could only use solid fabrics and the quilt should be inspired by a work of art.  My swap partner, Irene from Michigan, selected a photograph by Andy Goldsworthy.  We each made a version to exchange.
This photo is one of a series by Andy Goldsworthy that Irene selected for our quilts.
This beautiful little quilt was made by Irene.  I love her color choices and the stitching really flows on the quilt.
Here is my version.  I was really surprised by the similarities Irene and I used in our renditions of the photograph.
When it was time to mail the quilts, I used a clean pizza box to keep everything flat.  I painted a flower on the package and posted it to Irene in Lansing, Michigan.
Tomorrow, I will share the inspirational art that I selected for our swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment